1 What Data is Collected
1.1 Data You Provide
Live Medical Education collects data from or about you, depending on how you use the Services. When you create an account and use the Services, we collect any data you provide directly, we store it and associate it with your account. These may include:
|Account and Profile Data||In order to use certain features, like enrolling in a course, you need to create a user account. When you create or update your account, we collect and store the data you provide, like your email address, password, and assign you a unique identifying number (“Account Data”).
You can also choose to provide profile information like a biographical note, a photo, a website link, social media profiles, or other data. Your Profile Data will be publicly viewable by others.
|Shared Content||Live Medical Education may let you interact with other users or share content publicly, including posting reviews on a course page, asking or answering questions, or uploading other work. Such shared content may be publicly viewable by others depending on where it is posted.|
|Course Data||When you enroll in and take courses, we collect certain data including which courses, assignments and quizzes you’ve started and completed, answers to questions, and other items submitted to satisfy the course’s requirements. We also collect detailed data on the state of your progress during a course such as the portion of the course content consumed, or the time spent on a course.|
|Payment Data||If you make purchases, we collect any data about your purchase (such as your name and zip code) that is deemed necessary to process your order. You must provide certain payment and billing data directly to our payment processing partners, including your name, credit card information, billing address, and zip code. For security, Live Medical Education does not collect or store cardholder data.|
1.2 Data Collected through Automated Means
When you access the Services (including browsing courses and events), we collect certain data by automated means, including:
|System Data||Technical data about your computer or device, like your IP address, device type, operating system type and version, unique device identifiers, browser, browser language, domain and other systems data, and platform types.|
|Usage Data||Usage statistics about your interactions with the Services, including courses accessed, time spent on pages or the Service, pages visited, features used, your search queries, click data, date and time, and other data regarding your use of the Services.|
|Approximate Geographic Data||An approximate geographic location, including information like country, city, and geographic coordinates, calculated based on your IP address.|
The data listed above is collected through the use of server log files and tracking technologies, as detailed in the “Cookies and Data Collection Tools” section below. It is stored by Live Medical Education and associated with your account.
2 How are Data Collected
Live Medical Education uses tools like cookies, analytics services, and advertising providers to gather the data listed above. Some of these tools offer you the ability to opt out of data collection.
2.1 Cookies and Data Collection Tools
Live Medical Education uses the following types of cookies:
- Preferences: cookies that remember data about your browser and preferred settings that affect the appearance and behavior of the Services (like your preferred language).
- Security: cookies used to enable you to log in and access the Services; protect against fraudulent logins; and help detect and prevent abuse or unauthorized use of your account.
- Functional: cookies that store functional settings (like the volume level you set for video playback).
- Session State: cookies that track your interactions with the Services to help us improve the Services and your browsing experience, remember your login details, and enable processing of your course purchases. These are strictly necessary for the Services to work properly, so if you disable them then certain functionalities will break or be unavailable.
Some of the third-party partners who provide certain features on our site may also use Local Storage Objects (also known as flash cookies or LSOs) to collect and store data.
We use third-party browser and mobile analytics services like Google Analytics. These services use Data Collection Methods to help us analyze your use of our Services, including information like the third-party website you arrive from, how often you visit, events within the Services, usage and performance data,. We use this data to improve the Services, better understand how the Services perform on different devices, and provide information that may be of interest to you.
2.3 Online Advertising
Live Medical Education uses third-party advertising services like Facebook or Google’s ad services, to deliver advertising about our Services on other websites and applications you use. The ads may be based on things we know about you, like your Usage Data and System Data, and things that these ad service providers know about you based on their tracking data. The ads can be based on your recent activity or activity over time and across other sites and services and may be tailored to your interests.
Depending on the types of advertising services we use, they may place cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, phone, or other device to collect data about your use of our Services and may access those tracking technologies in order to serve these tailored advertisements to you. To help deliver tailored advertising, we may provide these service providers with a hashed, anonymized version of your email address (in a non-human-readable form) and content that you share publicly on the Services.
3 How are Your Data Used
Live Medical Education uses the data collected through your use of website and its Services to:
- Provide and administer the Services and facilitate communication with other users
- Process requests and orders for courses, products, specific services, information, or features
- Communicate with you about your account, responding to your questions, sending you administrative messages and information, sending notifications about changes to our Service and updates to our agreements, sending you information about your progress in courses.
- Communicate with you about new services and features, promotions, surveys, newsletters, and other available courses (which you can opt out of at any time)
- Manage your account preferences
- Facilitate the Services’ technical functioning, including troubleshooting and resolving issues, securing the Services, and preventing fraud and abuse
- Solicit feedback from users
- Improve our Services and develop new products, services, and features
- Identify unique users across devices
- Analyze trends and traffic, track purchases, and track usage data
- As required or permitted by law; or
- As we, in our sole discretion, otherwise determine to be necessary to ensure the safety or integrity of our users, employees, third parties, the public, or our Services.
4 Who is Your Data Shared With
- With Intellectual Property Owners: Some of our Services are offered in cooperation with organisations that provide learning content in the form of videos, presentations, questionnaires, events, etc. (“Intellectual Property Owners”). We may share your Personal Data with those Intellectual Property Owners to the extent necessary to provide you the Services. We require Intellectual Property Owners to comply with data protection law, but we are not directly responsible for their privacy practices. For information on those practices, please refer to the privacy policies of the Intellectual Property Owner associated with the course or event you are registering for.
- With Medical Institutions or Certification Boards: Where our services provide formal Certifications or Continual Medical Education credits. In order to validate your full attendance to a course we may need to provide to these institutions you Course Data associated with your account.
- With Other Students and Instructors: Depending on your settings, you can choose whether your shared and public content and profile data are be publicly viewable, including to other students and instructors.
- With Service Providers, Contractors, and Agents: We share your data with third-party companies who perform services on our behalf, like payment processing, data analysis, marketing and advertising services, email and hosting services, and customer services and support. These service providers may access your personal data and are required to use it solely as we direct, to provide our requested service.
- With Analytics and Data Enrichment Services: As part of our use of third-party analytics tools like Google Analytics, we share, System Data, Usage Data, or de-identified data as needed. De-identified data means data where we’ve removed things like your name and email address and replaced it with a token ID.
- For Security and Legal Compliance: We may disclose your data to third parties if we (in our sole discretion) have a good faith belief that the disclosure is:
- Permitted or required by law;
- Requested as part of a judicial, governmental, or legal inquiry, order, or proceeding;
- Reasonably necessary as part of a valid subpoena, warrant, or other legally-valid request;
- Required to detect, prevent, or address fraud, abuse, misuse, potential violations of law (or rule or regulation), or security or technical issues; or
- Reasonably necessary in our discretion to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property, or safety of Live Medical Education, our users, employees, members of the public, or our Services.
- During a Change in Control: If Live Medical Education undergoes a business transaction like a merger, acquisition, corporate divestiture, or dissolution (including bankruptcy), or a sale of all or some of its assets, we may share, disclose, or transfer all of your data to the successor organization during such transition or in contemplation of a transition (including during due diligence).
- After Aggregation/De-identification: we can disclose or use aggregate or de-identified data for any purpose.
Live Medical Education takes appropriate security measures, based on the type and sensitivity of the data, to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal data that is collected and stored.
As no system can be 100% secured, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and Live Medical Education, the Services, or any information provided to us in connection with the data we collect through the Services will be free from unauthorized access.
It is your responsibility to protect your account and your password. You should not share your password with any person or any third party, you should change your password frequently, and if you believe your password or account has been compromised, you should change it immediately and contact email@example.com.
6 Your Rights
6.1 Your Choices About the Use of Your Data
You can choose not to provide certain data to Live Medical Education, recognizing that you may not be able to use certain features of the Services.
- To stop receiving promotional communications from us, you can opt out by using the unsubscribe mechanism in the promotional communication you receive. You cannot opt out from transactional and relationship messages regarding the Services, including administrative confirmations, order confirmations, important updates about the Services, and notices about our policies.
- The browser or device you use may allow you to control cookies and other types of local data storage. Your wireless device may also allow you to control whether location or other data is collected and shared.
- To get information and control cookies used for tailored advertising from participating companies, see the consumer opt-out pages for the Network Advertising Initiative and Digital Advertising Alliance, or if you’re located in the European Union, visit the Your Online Choices To opt out of Google’s display advertising or customize Google Display Network ads, visit the Google Ads Settings page. To opt out of allowing Google Analytics, to use your data for analytics or enrichment, see the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on
- If you have any questions about your data, our use of it, or your rights, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6.2 Accessing, Updating, and Deleting Your Personal Data
You can access and update your personal data that Live Medical Education collects and maintains as follows:
- To update data you provide directly, log into your account and update your account at any time.
- To request to access, correct, or delete your personal data, or terminate your account, email email@example.com. Please allow up to 30 days for a response. For your protection, we may require that the request be sent through the email address associated with your account, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. Please note that we retain certain data where we have a lawful basis to do so, including for mandatory record-keeping and to complete transactions.
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following rights:
- “Right to Know” — You have the right to request to know more about the categories and specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you and access a copy of your personal information.
- “Right to Deletion” — You have the right to request deletion of personal information that we have collected about you.
- “Right to data portability” – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- “Right to rectification” – You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- “Right to restrict processing “– You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- “Right to object to processing” – You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
6.3 Our Policy Concerning Children
Children under 18 years of age should not use the Services. If we learn that we’ve collected personal data from a child under those ages, we will take reasonable steps to delete it.
Parents who believe that Live Medical Education may have unintentionally collected personal data from a child under this age can submit a request that it be deleted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7 Updates & Contact Info
When we make a material change to this policy, we’ll notify users via email, in-product notice, or another mechanism required by law. Changes become effective the day they’re posted. Please contact us via email or postal mail with any questions, concerns, or disputes.
7.4 Governing law & Jurisdiction
Cookies are small text files stored by your browser as you browse the internet. They can be used to collect, store, and share data about your activities across websites, including on Live Medical Education. Cookies also allow us to remember things about your visits to Live Medical Education, like your preferred language, and to make the site easier to use.
Live Medical Education uses:
- Session cookies. These expire after a short time or when you close your browser
- Persistent cookies, which remain stored in your browser for a set period of time
|Authentication and security||· To log you into Live Medical Education
· To protect your security
· To help detect and fight spam, abuse, and other activities that violate Live Medical Education’s agreements
|Preferences||· To remember data about your browser and your preferences
· To remember your settings and other choices you’ve made
|Analytics and research||· To help us improve and understand how people use Live Medical Education|
|Personalized content||· To customize Live Medical Education with more relevant content|
|Advertising||· To provide you with more relevant advertising|
What are my privacy options?
- Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser settings to decline cookies. Please consult your browser’s support media. If you decide to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in, customize, or use some interactive features in the Services.
- To get information and control cookies used for tailored advertising from participating companies, see the consumer opt-out pages for the Network Advertising Initiative and Digital Advertising Alliance, or if you’re located in the European Union, visit the Your Online Choices site. To opt out of Google Analytics’ display advertising or customize Google Display Network ads, visit the Google Ads Settings page.
- For general information about targeting cookies and how to disable them, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Updates & Contact Info