Taught exclusively on Live Medical Education by Dr. Jorge E. Gaviria P. (Board Certified in Medical–Aesthetics and Gynecology Laser and Surgery Procedures by the American Board of Laser Surgery, ABLS), this course will help you develop the necessary background to understand how laser light is being created and how it interacts with the human tissue. You will learn the basic terminology to understand the physics behind Lasers, the parameters and safety measures related to Lasers in the medical field such as:
- Laser physics. What is light? What is laser? How light interacts with tissue?
- Laser treatment parameters. How parameters are dependent on each other? Which parameters are essential?
- Laser safety. Which are the laser hazards? How to read specifications on protective goggles?
What you will learn
After completing this course you will learn:
- Everything you need to know about the Electromagnetic spectrum and Wavelengths
- Laser elements, characteristics, advantages, frequencies, potency and energy
- Laser spot size, fluences, peak power, average power, pulse duration, irradiance
- Laser safety issues, laser hazards & nominal ocular hazard (NOHD)
- Laser distance, maximum permissible exposure (MPE), protective goggles
What you will get
- 1 full video with detailed presentations and narration by Dr. Gaviria
- 3 months unlimited access to all course content
- Send your questions and receive answers from Dr. Gaviria
- A Course Completion Certificate
General Surgeons, Plastic Surgeons, Dermatologiests, Gynecologists, Urologists, Ofthalmologists, Dentists, ENTs, Sexual Medicine Doctors, Laser Practitioners, Nurses.
Conflict of interest
Live Medical Education makes certain that all educational material provided follows all relevant ethical, legal, medico-legal requirements and are free of any commercial or any other form of bias from all involved parties. All educational material undergoes full review to follow Live Medical Education standards.
Further course information
System Requirements: You can enjoy all Live medical Education courses on your Desktop, Laptop or Mobile (Android, iPhone, iPad) Device. For more details please visit our Help & Support area.
Subtitles: This course is offered with English Subtitles.